Junior Training Update:

Dear SYSC Families,

Following on from the club’s previous email we as an Executive Committee have decided to cancel training for all SYSC junior members over the next 4 weeks. This means the last 2 weeks of pre season training and training over the school holidays will not take place.

It is the club’s priority to ensure the health and safety of all our members including players, coaches, volunteers, families and friends, therefore we see this as the best decision for the current situation. We want to do our part at stopping the spread of this contagious virus, hence this is the best decision for our club for the next 4 weeks.

This does not mean the entire season is cancelled, as FV and FFA have stated that training should go ahead as per normal and that the 2020 season will proceed as planned, starting on April 18th. At NO STAGE has any communication been sent to us from FV or FFA regarding the cancellation of the entire season.

During the 4-week period of no training the SYSC Committee will constantly reassess the situation and send out updates to all our club members.

If FV at any stage decides to cancel the entire season, SYSC will start to discuss reimbursement options. Please note we have approached FV and FFA regarding reimbursements and we are yet to hear what their guidelines are. The executive team at SYSC will discuss the club reimbursements policy, keeping in mind council fees, coaches fees, team entry fees and insurance have already been paid for season 2020.

If you would like to discuss anything further please get in contact with us. All our contact details can be found on the SYSC website contact page.

Stay safe and we look forward to seeing everyone in the near future.

Ashlee Good
Club President